Logan responds:@SandiHLogan Sandi Logan
Please, Sandi, you really must stop highlighting Carlisle's deficiencies. Poor Jonathan Holmes has enough already to ignore tonight.@SandiHLogan Sandi LoganYou call it spin when you don't like what you @Wendycarlisle read; you patronise when you're wrong, & are corrected. Nice. Journalism 101?
UPDATE: At Catallaxy, Judith Sloan writes of the ABC, a debate with Mark Scott (ABC supremo, ex-Fairfax chief Fred Hilmer's godson and --no nepotism there -- former Fairfax high-flier). Here is Sloan's summation of the ABC complaints process:
So here is the ABC’s complaints-handing rule-book (I know – I decided to road-test it a while back – some little clerk got back to me after nearly two months: COMPLAINT REJECTED.)What Sloan is too nice to note: Scott is one more of those jumped-up pen pushers, albeit with delusions of grandeur and the public purse to indulge them.
- Treat the complainant as dim-wit, using a patronizing tone;
- Refer obliquely to the matter raised but declare that all approaches to journalism are equally valid;
- Assure the complainant that the matter has been thoroughly investigated;
- Tell the complainant that management takes all complaints very seriously;
- Finally, quote the internet address of the Editorial Guidelines.